I'm linking up again with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday. This week I decided to change it up a little bit and share with you the quotes that I'm loving this Wednesday!
1. "You're one of Jerry's kids, right?" On Saturday night a guy from back home who was good friends with Mr. Franklin made this statement to me. I frequently get things like "you're Little Brother's sister" or "you must belong to [insert parents names here]" but it's been years (probably since junior college judging coaches were recruiting me) since I've been called "one of Jerry's kids." I got a little choked up and told him that yes, I was one of Jerry's kids. I couldn't have been more proud to have been given a label than that one.
2. "You know I'm pro-Tiff." BFF and I have this saying that we've used for years. Generally it comes up in the context of one of us considering something that the other one is not sure of. So for example, back in the day BFF might not have been dating a girl I was super fond of, so I'd tell him that he was stupid, but I'd always end the conversation with, "But you know I'm pro-BFF, so I'm in whatever you decide." I got an "I'm pro-Tiff" this weekend from him and it's just nice to know that you've got someone who is always in your corner, no questions--period. That's something everyone should have in their lives.
3. "Moomoos, if you don't start being nice, I'm going to go live with Tiff." Yes, my favorite kiddo Little Cowboy apparently rocked out with this one to his mom on Friday night. Apparently in his head living with Tiff means a lot of fun dip, other candy, silly string, and fun. I feel like I have done my job as an aunt by painting this picture! 4. "It's March now, so when do we do that bracket thingy, I have a title to uphold." Oh this really just says it all. You might remember that last year, Blonde Oklahoma Girl won the bracket pool that my family and friends get together and do. Mind you, in this pool are lots of people who are very into sports and who basically never miss a Sports Center episode. And BOKG will tell you she hadn't seen a single game before she did her "bracket thingy" so she picked teams based on colors and/or the mascot she liked better. Go figure.
5. "Everyone I know who went to OSU really loves it, although you're the only one who sends OSU gear to my house for my child to wear." See, my friend Sis is a senior and was accepted to OSU a while back. Obviously, that's where I think she needs to go beings that it's the happiest place on earth and all. So when she got accepted, I sent her an OSU t-shirt to get her wardrobe kicked off right. Her mom and I were talking about how great OSU was and what a great time I had there and she made the comment above. Listen, if you're going to be an OSU fan, you've gotta go all out.
6. "Don't question the story God is writing for you life. And don't discount the one He's writing for your neighbor." Well Courtney has done it again. She summed up what I would have said on Monday's blog post about answers to THAT question, if only I was (a) a better writer; (b) a better person; and (c) nicer. I love this quote so much I'm putting it in the front of my planner where I can see it on a daily basis!
Soldiers Angel: My Final Box
6 days ago